Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The MomChop, revisited

Remember when I got a MomChop? Well, the end of that story is that I really regretted it. The MomChop fulfilled its purpose of keeping my hair from getting hopelessly tangled in tiny baby fists, but there was the downside that I didn't look very good with short hair.

It took me nine months to work up the courage, but I went in to get a better haircut today. Jeremy told me he would really, really, really, really appreciate it if I didn't get bangs. I passed on those instructions to the (Finnish!) stylist and we went with a less dramatic face-framing layers look, maintaining what overall length I had left. And I love it.

Here's a look at before:


In other words, hi, my hair is all one length and it is boring and so am I. BLAH.

And now for after:

The first thing I said when I looked in the mirror was, "wow, I feel like I finally look my age." I'm not sure what I meant by that, since I'm 28 now and looking my age is not such a fun thing. I guess I just meant that I look like a grown-up now, instead of a 28-year-old with the same hairstyle I had when I was 12.

If this is a MomChop, at least it's one I can be happy with.

21 comments:

Lark said...

Wow, that could be your headshot! But seriously, you look great. And there is nothing wrong with looking your age...28 is better than 12 in my opinion!

Steven said...

Good picture! I can see the difference now.

Katie said...

You are so pretty!

Also, I thought this post was going to start with, "Hi it's Bridget with MomChop..." (You know, like the Slap Chop Rap?) Heh heh.

Nancy said...

I like it! You look so good!

My hair is all one length and blah right now...maybe I should follow your example...

Jeanerbee said...

I really, REALLY like it!

Lisa Lou said...

So cute! I know what you mean about feeling your age. Something needs to happen to my hair (and outfits!) so people aren't as shocked when they find out I'm 28.

Aimee said...

It is so hard to find a good stylist! I think the layers look great!

Liz Johnson said...

I LOVE IT!!!! That is really pretty!

Are you taking the second picture yourself because Jeremy is in the other room crying?

Crys said...

I understand what you are talking about, at 28 people pay to get nice hair cuts...ones that have variation in them... :) I like it a lot, although I now have to say that since you mentioned bangs I spent about ten minutes looking at the picture trying to visualize what they would look like....haha :)

Jennifer said...

It looks great!

Spencer said...

Hasn't Jeremy heard this song?

http://www.rhapsody.com/they-might-be-giants/mink-car/bangs/lyrics.html

Great Song.

The Harker's said...

You look great!:)

Eevi said...

I really like it. It's fun and classy at the same time:)

Anna said...

1. Well done. You look great!

2. I also thought it was going to be about the Slap Chop rap.

Mikael said...

you look HOT!!!! I LOVE that look on you!! And I agree that the "mom chop" isnt really your style- but I am a HUGE FAN (... thanks for reminding me to schedule my appointment...). And as far as the bangs, I dont think they are your thing. But again, I LOVE side bangs (tried the blunt bangs, but I grew those out pretty fast).
You really need to keep this haircut, you are HOT!

The Ensign's said...

I LOVE it. You look great. 28 is hot on you =)

sarah said...

gorgeous! i like it. and i dont think its short enough to be a mom-chop.

Alli E. said...

Really pretty haircut!! It looks great!!

Jessie said...

You have perfect eyebrows. I'm so jealous of them right now.

Bridget said...

Liz, you're close - Jeremy was off in the other room after telling me briefly that he "liked" it. I haven't been able to get a more opinionated response out of him.

I seriously think I might go for bangs next time. I think it could work.

Kristen said...

1. Don't hate me. Although beauty goes more than hair-deep, I wasn't a huge fan of your original MomChop. (cringing for backslap)

2. I briefly thought that the first picture I was scrolling to was the new 'do. Having grown out a bit it looks really cute and that's a great picture of you!

3. I adore the new style. Sometimes it takes a lot of guts to change a hairstyle you're comfortable with. But isn't it worth it?

4. Side bangs could look really stunning on you. But be warned: the time it takes to get used to the way they look and feel can be fairly traumatic. Not to mention the strain on your relationship. :)

You just look fabulous no matter what. It's not fair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails